Sabbath Seventh Day Truth Introduction
Some say the Sabbath was changed to Sunday in honour of the resurrection and some say it was nailed to the cross. Others will tell you any day can be kept as the Sabbath day as long as you keep one. And still others will say as long as you do everything to the glory of God you don’t have to keep God’s true Holy Sabbath day and yet still others call it legalism. Still even worse, others say that all Ten Commandments are abolished but when you ask if you can break the Commandments it seems that you still have to obey all but one so the law ending apparently is really once again only that one law. This should tell you truth seekers that something is seriously wrong here.
Since I discovered the enemy's deception and began sharing this truth, I have received over 100 hundred reasons as to why one of God’s eternal Commandments does not have to be obeyed. Is it just me or does it seem strange that there is such an incredible number of excuses to avoid one Commandment? There is a good reason for this and it has to do with a fallen angel that desires to be worshipped as God but on his chosen day in favour of sun worship and a day that is detestable to God. There is a lot of prophecy that is not known or understood here but it is beyond the scope of this document. For a bit more insight you can read these 50 thought provoking questions on the Ten Commandments and Sabbath Bible prophecy.
At this point I am just going to reveal what the real truth is outright using one simple quote as to why so many Churches keep the secular day Sunday as the Sabbath. Most Christians and even Pastors have absolutely no idea that this happened and many do not want to know and just choose one of the 1001 excuses why this one eternal Commandment is gone. Why do they do this?
“Most Christians assume that Sunday is the biblically approved day of worship. The Catholic Church protests that it transferred Christian worship from the biblical Sabbath (Saturday) to Sunday, and that to try to argue that the change was made in the Bible is both dishonest and a denial of Catholic authority. If Protestantism wants to base its teachings only on the Bible, it should worship on Saturday.” — Rome's Challenge www.immaculateheart.com/maryonline Dec 2003.
This was done in honour of Sun worship hence the pagan name SUNday. Select Sabbath Statements from the Roman Catholic Church to read more quotes. Today there are more than 500 Sabbath keeping denominations that know the Sabbath truth including the Catholic Church of course since they are responsible for changing the day. They regularly write quotes like the one above saying this is a mark of their authority and power that they have over God and the Bible which is also fully backed by history. God even warns us that a persecuting power would change His law and this happened by the Catholic Church changing the Sabbath to Sunday and by the blood of millions of saints. See Adam Clarke's Commentary on Daniel 7:25. For more detailed information on the Sabbath, select Gods Sabbath Truth or one of the other sites from the links page. Before continuing, it would be highly beneficial to first read mark of the beast and the History of Sunday Worship for very enlightening information on how Sunday worship actually began 2000 years before Christ and was Satan worship.
If God personally spoke to you and said that He wants to spend quality time with you on a specific day that He blessed and sanctified, how would you respond to Him? Would you say, “sorry God, that day is not convenient for me” or “no God, I can’t spend that time with you on your Holy day, that’s legalism” or even, “it does not matter which day God, how about Sunday. I know it is a day that was used for sun worship that you detest but it doesn’t matter does it?” Is this what we would really say?
The Sabbath is blessed quality time with God and relaxing and fellowshipping with family and other Christians and while the second Commandment says who or what we should not worship, the fourth Commandment defines who it is we do worship. God says that when we keep His Sabbath day Holy, it is a sign that it is Him we belong to and worship and Him that sanctifies us and makes us Holy. It is not a sign when we keep a secular day that was instituted by Satan himself through paganism and his chosen agent the Papal Church. All these facts are fully supported by history and Word of God.
What spirit is behind those who are so determined to take this blessing from those who keep the Sabbath? If those who condemn Christians who choose to be obedient to God and convince others they don’t have to spend this quality time with God are wrong, they are in very serious trouble. If those that enjoy keeping the Sabbath and do so were wrong, they would be in no trouble whatsoever for loving obedience. The Sabbath should be our favourite day of the week and it is for those who keep it according to the Bible. God says we are to find His Sabbath a delight and a blessing, not legalism or a burden.
Isaiah 58:13-14 “If you turn away your foot from the sabbath, from doing your pleasure on my holy day; and call the sabbath a delight, the holy of the LORD, honourable; and shall honour him, not doing thine own ways, nor finding thine own pleasure, nor speaking thine own words: Then shall you delight thyself in the LORD...”
Those ignorant or in denial of the real Sabbath truth have literally hundreds of different ideas and excuses in regards to the issue of God's Seventh day Sabbath. God is not the author of confusion (1 Corinthians 14:33) and when there is so much confusion and conflicting information, you know that Satan has been up to his usual tricks in attacking the law of God as he did from the very beginning and always has and one needs to diligently investigate with an open mind and find the real truth. Those that have discovered and understand this deception often call it Histories greatest hoax.
100 Bible Facts Concerning the Sabbath Truth
So the questions are: WHY keep the Sabbath day? What is the object of the Sabbath? Who made it? When was it made and for whom? Which day is the true Sabbath? Many keep the first day of the week or Sunday. What Bible authority have they for this? There are over 500 different denominations of Sabbath keeping Churches in the world that keep the Seventh day, or Saturday. What Scripture have they for that? Do we believe what sinful man tells us or do we trust what the Word of God says? Here are the facts about both days as stated in the Word of God.
- After working the first six days of the week in creating this earth, the great God rested on the Seventh day. (Genesis 2:1-3)
- This stamped that day as God’s rest day, or Sabbath day, as Sabbath day means rest day. To illustrate: When a person is born on a certain day, that day thus becomes his birthday. So when God rested upon the Seventh day, that day became His rest, or Sabbath, day.
- Therefore the Seventh day must always be God’s Sabbath day. Can you change your birthday from the day on which you were born to one on which you were not born? No. Neither can you change God’s rest day to a day on which He did not rest. Hence the Seventh day is still God’s Sabbath day.
- The Creator blessed the Seventh day. (Genesis 2:3) Note also that the word translated “rested” in our English Bibles in Genesis 2:3 is actually “shabath” in the Hebrew and means Sabbath.
- He sanctified the Seventh day. (Exodus 20:11) Have you stopped and thought why we have a seven day week?
- He made it the Sabbath day in the Garden of Eden. (Genesis 2:1-3)
- It was made before the fall; hence it is not a type; for types were not introduced till after the fall.
- Jesus says it was made for man (Mark 2:27), that is, for the race, as the word man is here unlimited; hence, for the Gentile as well as for the Jew.
- It is a memorial of creation. (Exodus 20:11; 31:17) Every time we rest upon the Seventh day, as God did at creation, we commemorate that grand event.
- It was given to Adam, the head of the human race. (Mark 2:27; Genesis 2:1-3)
- Saturday is called the Sabbath in over 100 languages just as it was named at creation. This dates back to Babel in Genesis 11, where Saturday was recognized as the Sabbath day and was incorporated into the very name of the day. In English we have the Pagan name Saturday.
- It is not a Jewish institution, for it was made 2,300 years before ever there was a Jew.
- The Bible never calls it the Jewish Sabbath, but always “the Sabbath of the Lord thy God.” Men should be cautious how they stigmatize God’s holy rest day.
- Evident reference is made to the Sabbath and the seven-day week all, through the patriarchal age.
- It was a part of God’s law before Sinai. God tested His children to see if they would keep His Commandments. How did God test them? By seeing if they would keep THE Seventh day. (Exodus 16:4-30)
- Then God placed it in the heart of His moral law. (Exodus 20:1-17) Why did He place it there if it was not like the other nine precepts, which all admit to be immutable?
- The Seventh-day Sabbath was commanded by the voice of the living God. (Deuteronomy 4:12-13)
- Then He wrote the Commandment with His own finger. (Exodus 31:18)
- He engraved it in the enduring stone, indicating its imperishable nature. (Deuteronomy 5:22)
- It was sacredly preserved in the ark in the holy of holies. (Deuteronomy 10:5)
- God forbade work upon the Sabbath, even in the most hurrying times. (Exodus 34:21)
- God destroyed the Israelites in the wilderness because they profaned the Sabbath. (Ezekiel 20:12-13)
- It is the sign of the true God, by which we are to know Him from false gods. (Ezekiel 20:20)
- He sent them into the Babylonish captivity for breaking it. (Nehemiah 13:18)
- He destroyed Jerusalem for its violation. (Jeremiah 17:27)
- The day was not changed by any direction from God but was changed by Constantine in favour of Sun worship, hence the pagan name Sunday.
- God has pronounced a special blessing on all the Gentiles who will keep it. (Isaiah 56:2, 6)
- This is in the prophecy, which refers wholly to the Christian dispensation. (See Isaiah 56)
- God has promised to bless all who keep the Sabbath. (Isaiah 56:2, 6)
- The Lord requires us to call it “honourable”. (Isaiah 58:13) Beware, ye who take delight in calling it the. “old Jewish Sabbath,” “a yoke of bondage,” etc.
- After the holy Sabbath has been trodden down “many generations,” it is to be restored in the last days. (Isaiah 58:12-13)
- All the holy prophets kept the Seventh day.
- When the Son of God came, He kept the Seventh day all His life. (Luke 4:16; John 15:10) Thus He followed His Father’s example at creation. Shall we not be safe in following the example of both the Father and the Son?
- The Seventh day is the Lord’s Day. (See Revelation 1:10; Mark 2:28; Isaiah 58:13; Exodus 20:10)
- Jesus was Lord of the Sabbath (Mark 2:28), that is, to love and protect it, as the husband is the lord of the wife, to love and cherish her (1 Peter 3:6)
- He taught His disciples that they should do nothing upon the Sabbath day but what was “lawful” (Matthew 12:12)
- He instructed His apostles that the Sabbath would still be kept forty years after His resurrection. (Matthew 24:20) See also is Sabbath keeping found in the New Testament after the cross.
- The pious women who had been with Jesus carefully kept the Seventh day after His death. (Luke 23:55-56)
- Thirty years after Christ’s resurrection, the Holy Spirit’ expressly calls it “the Sabbath day,” (Acts 13:14)
- Paul, the apostle to the Gentiles, called it the “Sabbath day” in A.D. 45. (Acts 13:27) Did not Paul know? Or shall we believe modern teachers, who affirm that it ceased to be the Sabbath at the resurrection of Christ?
- Luke, the inspired Christian historian, writing as late as A.D. 62, calls it the “Sabbath day.” (Acts 13:44)
- The Gentile converts called it the Sabbath. (Acts 13:42)
- In the great Christian council, A.D. 49. In the presence of the apostles and thousands of disciples, James calls it the “Sabbath day.” (Acts 15:21)
- It was customary to hold prayer meetings upon that day. (Acts 16:13)
- Paul read the Scriptures in public meetings on that day. (Acts 17:1-2)
- It was his custom to preach upon that day. (Acts 17:1-2)
- The Book of Acts alone gives a record of his holding eighty-four meetings upon that day. (See Acts 13:14, 42, 44; 16:13; 17:1-2; 18:4)
- There was never any dispute between the Christians and the Jews about the Sabbath day. This is proof that the Christians still observed the same day that the Jews did.
- In all their accusations against Paul, they never charged him with disregarding the Sabbath day. Why did they not, if he did not keep it?
- Paul himself expressly declared that he had kept the law. “Neither against the law of the Jews, neither against the temple, nor yet against Caesar, have I offended any thing at all … to the Jews have I done no wrong” Acts 25:8, 10. How could this be true if he had not kept the Sabbath? The Jews would have accused Paul of breaking the Sabbath if he had.
- The Sabbath is mentioned in the New Testament fifty-nine times, and always with respect, bearing the same title it had in the Old Testament, “the Sabbath day.”
- Not a word is said anywhere in the New Testament about the Sabbath being abolished, done away, changed, or anything of the kind.
- The Sabbath of the Lord is not to be confused with the temporary Jewish ceremonial sabbaths that pointed forward to the work of Jesus on the cross as these had feast days, monthly new moons and yearly ceremonial sabbaths that did end at the cross. Eg; Passover sabbath. Passages typically misunderstood are Romans 14:5, Galatians 4:9-10 and Colossians 2:14-16. See Colossians 2:16 and two laws compared and Romans 14:5 Commentary. See also the law and Galatians.
- God calls His Sabbath “My Sabbath” (Exodus 31:13, Ezekiel 20:20) where the ceremonial sabbaths which were for Israel only, God calls them “HER sabbaths.” (Hosea 2:11, Lamentations 1:7)
- God has never given permission to any man to work upon it. Reader, by what authority do you use - the Seventh day for common labour?
- No Christian of the New Testament, either before or after the resurrection, ever did ordinary work upon the Seventh day. Find one case of that kind, and we will yield the question. Why should modern Christians do differently from Bible Christians?
- There is no record that God has ever removed His blessing or sanctification from the Seventh day.
- As the Sabbath was kept in Eden before the fall, so it will be observed eternally in the new earth after the restitution. (Isaiah 66:22-23)
- The Seventh-day Sabbath was an important part of the law of God, as it came from His own mouth, and was written by His own finger upon stone at Sinai. (See Exodus 20) When Jesus began His work, He expressly declared that He had not come to destroy the law. “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets.” (Matthew 5:17-19) See the meaning of fulfilling the law.
- Jesus severely condemned the Pharisees as hypocrites for pretending to love God, while at the same tune they made void one of the Ten Commandments by their tradition. The keeping of Sunday is only a tradition of men. (Mark 7:6-9)
Forty Bible Facts Concerning the First Day of the Week
- The very first thing recorded In the Bible is work done on Sunday, the first day of the week. (Genesis 1:1-5) The Creator Himself did this. If God made the earth on Sunday, can it be wicked for us to work on Sunday?
- God commands men to work upon the first day of the week. (Exodus 20:8-11) Is it wrong to obey God?
- None of the patriarchs ever kept it.
- None of the holy prophets ever kept it.
- By the express command of-God, His holy people used the first day of the week as a common working day for 4,000 years, at least.
- God Himself calls it a “working” day. (Ezekiel 46:1)
- God did not rest upon it.
- He never blessed it.
- Christ did not rest upon it.
- Jesus was a carpenter (Mark 6:3), and worked at His trade until He was thirty years old. He kept the Sabbath and worked six days in the week, as all admit. Hence He did many a hard day’s work on Sunday.
- The apostles worked upon it during the same time.
- The apostles never rested upon it.
- Christ never blessed it.
- It has never been blessed by any divine authority.
- It has never been sanctified.
- No law was ever given to enforce the keeping of it, hence it is no transgression to work upon it. “Where no law is, there is no transgression.” Romans 4:15 (See also 1 John 3:4)
- The New Testament nowhere forbids work to be done on it.
- No penalty is provided for its violation.
- No blessing is promised for its observance.
- No regulation is given as to how it ought to be observed. Would this be so if the Lord wished us to keep it?
- It is never called the Christian Sabbath.
- It is never called the Sabbath day at all.
- It is never called the Lord’s day.
- It is never called even a rest day.
- No sacred title whatever is applied to it. Then why should we call it holy?
- It is simply called “first day of the week.”
- Jesus never-mentioned it in any way, never took its name upon His lips, so far as the record shows.
- The word Sunday never occurs in the Bible at all.
- Neither God, Christ, nor inspired men ever said one word in favour of Sunday as a holy day.
- The first day of the week is mentioned only eight times in all the New Testament. (Matthew 28:1; Mark 16:2, 9; Luke 24:1; John 20:1, 19; Acts 20:7; 1 Corinthians 16:2)
- Six of these texts refer to the same first day of the week.
- Paul directed the saints to look over their secular affairs on that day. (1 Corinthians 16:2)
- In all the New Testament we have a record of only one religious meeting held upon that day, and even this was a night meeting. (Acts 20:7)
- There is not intimation that they ever held a meeting upon it before or after that.
- It was not their custom to meet on that day.
- There was no requirement to break bread on that day.
- We have an account of only one instance in which it was done. (Acts 20:7)
- That was done in the night after midnight on a Saturday meeting that went past sunset and so became the first day of the week. (Acts 20:7) This was just an extended Sabbath meeting that went very late as Paul was departing the following day. Jesus broke bread (fellowship meal) on Thursday evening (Luke 22), and the disciples sometimes did it every day. (Acts 2:46)
- The Bible nowhere says that the first day of the week commemorates the resurrection of Christ. This is a tradition of men, which contradicts the law of God. (Mark 7:6-9) Baptism commemorates the burial and resurrection of Jesus. (Romans 6:3-5)
- Finally, the New Testament is totally silent with regard to any change of the Sabbath day or any sacredness for the first day.
Here are one hundred plain Bible facts about the real Sabbath truth showing conclusively that the Seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord in both the Old and New Testament.
The Sabbath challenge. Can You Find One Scripture...
- That says the Sabbath (Seventh day) was ever changed from the Seventh to the first day of the week?
- Where the first day of the week (Sunday) is ever called a holy day?
- Where we are told to keep the first day of the week holy?
- That says that Jesus ever kept the first day (Sunday)?
- Where the first day is ever given any sacred name?
- That tells us to keep Sunday in honour of the resurrection of Christ?
- That affirms that any of the apostles ever kept the first day as the Sabbath?
- From any apostolic writings that authorizes Sunday observance as the Sabbath of God?
- Where it says it was for the Church to observe, or to meet on, the first day of the week?
- Where we are told not to work on the first day of the week?
- Where any blessings are promised for observing Sunday?
- Where any punishment is threatened for working on Sunday?
- That says the Seventh day is not now God's Sabbath day?
- Where the apostles ever taught their converts to keep the first day of the week as a Sabbath?
- That says the Seventh-day Sabbath was ABOLISHED?
- Where the first day is ever called the Lord's Day?
- Where the first day was ever appointed to be kept as the Lord's Day?
- That says that the Father or the Son (Jesus) rested on the first day of the week?
- That says that the first day of the week was ever sanctified and hallowed as a day of rest?
- That says that Jesus, Paul or any other of the apostles taught anyone to observe the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
- That calls the Seventh day the “Jewish Sabbath” or one text that calls Sunday the “Christian Sabbath”?
- Authorizing anyone to set aside God's Sabbath and observe any other day?
- Telling man to keep the first day of the week holy or to worship or rest on the first day of the week?
- Showing any of the apostles keeping the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
- Declaring that the Seventh day is no longer the Eternal Sabbath day?
- Authorizing someone to set aside the Fourth Commandment and observe any other day of the week?
- Promising blessings for observing Sunday as the Sabbath?
- Where an apostle taught us to keep the first day of the week as the Sabbath?
- Where Sunday is now appointed to be kept as the Sabbath or holy day?
No valid scripture matching any of the above criteria can be found in the Bible and we should know this based alone on the fact that Jesus said the law will not change by even a comma until heaven and earth pass, plus we also know how the day actually was changed by the Catholic Church and not with God's approval no matter what the Catholic Church may choose to believe. Man cannot change God's law.
Matthew 5:17-19 “Think not that I am come to destroy the law, or the prophets: I am not come to destroy, but to fulfil. For verily I say unto you, Till heaven and earth pass, one jot or one tittle shall in no wise pass from the law, till all be fulfilled. Whosoever therefore shall break one of these least Commandments, and shall teach men so, he shall be called the least in the kingdom of heaven: but whosoever shall do and teach them, the same shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven.”
Those that understand Bible prophecy also know that the fourth Commandment ties in with Bible prophecy hence God informs us in Daniel 7:25 that this power would “think” to change His times and laws. See who and what is the anti-christ for very detailed information. Watch this short video for some insight to the suffering inflicted by the Catholic Church for those who chose to obey the true Sabbath day rather than the day they instituted. This is based on a true story and is only one of millions.
Daniel 7:25 “And he shall speak great words against the most High, and shall wear out the saints of the most High, and think to change times and laws: and they shall be given into his hand until a time and times and the dividing of time.”
The word “think” is used as they think that they have changed God's law but in reality, no one can change God's laws and Revelation tells us that to do so and for other crimes against His true Church is going to carry the penalty of many plagues in the end. A woman in Bible prophecy is a Church as the Church is the bride of Christ. See mystery Babylon for detailed information. This warning to come out of HER (Catholic Church) is an end time warning for God's children who are ignorant of who SHE is and what SHE has done. The Catholic Church claims to be the mother Church and the Bible partly agrees and calls her “Mystery Babylon the Mother of Harlots” as many Churches that came from HER continued in her idolatry and lawlessness.
Revelation 18:4-5 “And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that you be not partakers of her sins, and that you receive not of her plagues. For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God has remembered her iniquities.”
We need to be as the Borean Christians studying the Bible daily to see if the things we are taught are actually so. Acts 17:11 Since Jesus and the Word is the truth, those that love Jesus will also have a love of the truth and diligently study and follow the Word of God.
Revelation 22:14 “Blessed are they that do his Commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city.”
One of my favourite scriptures as it tells that our loving obedience will be rewarded with eternal life for not only our love of the truth but for loving God with all our heart, might and soul by obeying the first four Commandments as to our love for God as well as the last six that relate to our love for our fellow man.
What do the scriptures say about Sabbath and Sunday in the Bible?
Did the Creator bless the Sabbath? Yes! Genesis 2:3. Did He bless Sunday? No!
Did He hallow the Sabbath? Yes! Exodus 20:11. Did He allow Sunday? No!
Did He command the keeping of Sabbath? Yes! Exodus 20:8-11. Did He command the keeping of Sunday? No!
Did He rest on the Sabbath? Yes! Exodus 20:11. Did He rest on Sunday? No!
Did He call the Sabbath His Holy Day? Yes! Isaiah 58:13. Did He call Sunday His Holy Day? No!
Does He offer great reward to you for keeping holy the Sabbath? Yes! Isaiah 58:13-14. Does He offer great reward for keeping holy Sunday? No!
Will the Sabbath be kept in the New Earth? Yes! Isaiah 66:23. Will Sunday be kept in the New Earth? No!
Should the saints pray about the Sabbath? Yes! Matthew 24:20. Should the saints pray about Sunday? No!
Did holy women keep the Sabbath according to the Commandments? Yes! Luke 23:56. Did holy women keep Sunday according to any Commandment? No!
Was it the Saviour's custom to keep the Sabbath? Yes! Luke 4:16. Was it the Saviour's custom to keep Sunday? No!
Was it Paul's “manner” to worship on Sabbath? Yes! Acts 17:2. Was it Paul's “manner” to worship on Sunday? No!
Were people punished by God for Sabbath breaking? Yes! Jeremiah 17:27. Were people punished by God for Sunday breaking? No!
Will some little horn power think to change Divine time? Yes! Daniel 7:25. Will the Almighty ever change? No! Malachi 3:6.
Are those who keep the Commandments of the Almighty blessed? Yes! Revelation 22:14. Are those who keep the traditions of men blessed? No! Matthew 15:3.
Do scriptures say that the Law would NOT be abolished or changed by Messiah? Yes! Matthew 5:17-18. Do they say that Messiah would abolish or change His laws? No!
Are there six working days? Yes! Ezekiel 46:1. Is the Sabbath one of these working days? No! Exodus 20:8-11.
Did Paul make tents on the six working days? Yes! Acts 18:3. Did Paul make tents on the Sabbath? No! Acts 18:4.
Is the Sabbath a sign of our sanctification? Yes! Ezekiel 20:12. Is Sunday a sign of our sanctification? No!
Does scripture say that the Saviour is the Ruler, Master and Owner of the Sabbath? Yes! Mark 2:28. Do they say that the Saviour is the Ruler or Master or Sunday? No!
Is teaching for doctrines the commandments of men vain worship? Yes! Matthew 15:9. Is teaching for doctrines the Commandments of the Almighty vain worship? No! Matthew 19:17.
Are we not under the Law, but under Grace? Yes! Romans 6:14. Does Grace allow us to transgress the Law? No! Romans 6:15, 3:20.
Does Faith establish the Law? Yes! Romans 3:31. Does Faith annul the Law? No!
Did Jesus say that we should teach others to observe the Law? Yes! Matthew 5:19. Did He say that we should teach others to break the Law? No!
Saturday is still named 'Sabbath' in the Greek language (Sabato) as well as in Spanish, Portuguese, Italian and in over 100 languages of the world. In Italy it is called Sabbato, in Spain Sabado, in Portugal Sabbado, in Russia Subbota and Poland Sobota. All of these names mean “Sabbath” or “rest day” in their various languages. This proves that when these languages originated at Babel in Genesis 11, Saturday was recognized as the Sabbath day and was incorporated into the very name of the day. Except for languages that have adopted the pagan names for the days of the week, the Seventh day is still called the Sabbath as the Lord named it at creation.
The Sabbath Has Never Been Lost
4004 B.C. - Genesis 2:1-3: God hallowed. The word rest in vs. 3 is Sabbath in Hebrew.
1950 B.C. - Genesis 26:5: Abraham kept.
1491 B.C. - Exodus 16:25-26, 28: Israel kept law and the Sabbath.
1491 B.C. - Exodus 20:8-11: God gave from Sinai.
1491 B.C. - Exodus 31:13-17: A perpetual covenant. (Perpetual means never ending)
1451 B.C. - Deuteronomy 5:12-15: To Israel beyond the Jordan.
1042 B.C. - Psalm 92 (title): “A . . . song for the Sabbath.”
1004 B.C. - II Chronicles 8:13-14: In Solomon's day.
712 B.C. - Isaiah 56:1-8, The Sabbath -- a blessing!
594 B.C. - Ezekiel 20:11-13, 19-20: God displeased because Sabbath was broken.
445 B.C. - Nehemiah 13:15-20, The governor commands Sabbath to be observed!
A.D. 26 - Luke 23:56, After Jesus died on the cross.
A.D. 53 - Acts 17:2, 26:4-5, Paul's custom who was a Pharisee since childhood.
A.D. 64 - Hebrews 4:9-10, (See AMP, ASV, BBE, ESV, ISV, RSV, NIV, NASB and WEB).
A.D. 90 - I John 2:3-5, (The fourth Commandment also).
A.D. 96 - Revelation 14:12: (Sabbath is one of the Ten Commandments).
Future: - Isaiah 66:22-23, To be observed in the new Heaven and new earth.
This means that the people of God knew when the Sabbath was for 4,100 years, although during this time most people could not read. How could we fail to know what day the Sabbath is?
The first of the week is mentioned only eight times in the New Testament. The Sabbath is mentioned about 59 times.
How Could the Majority be Wrong About The Real Sabbath Truth
When it comes to Christianity and people, the majority are hardly ever right. When Jesus was crucified, how many were right? When God flooded this Earth how many people were right? And when God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah how many were right then? The numbers continue to remain small. How many people today have taken Jesus as their Lord and Saviour? Sadly that number is also an extremely small percentage. The Bible says the second coming is going to be like the days of Noah where only eight were saved and many were left to destruction. Revelation says that God is going to destroy a Church for its abominations and yet the majority belong to this Church. The fact is the majority are almost always wrong because Satan is a wise and powerful fallen angel that people continue to underestimate, and his demons are also always working hard to keep us deceived in every imaginable way. Sadly, they are very successful because the majority are not searchers of truth and don’t study God's Word and see only what they want to see.
After the Sabbath and many other truths were revealed to me in my search, I approached a large number of people to share these truths with. I was astounded to find more than 98% of the time, people would not even consider the possibility of having things wrong because they said how could so many people be wrong, or they did not want to know because it would unsettle their lifestyle too much. This is a very sad state of affairs when you consider God created us, sent His son to die for us and we can’t even be obedient to Him in love here because it might mean some sacrifice on our part. It is no longer a mystery to me why the majority are wrong. It is because the majority won’t even consider the possibility and just rely on the same excuses the previous person told them. This just keeps on passing down the line with plenty of help from Satan and his demons, doing everything to make sure that we don’t find truth. The majority are wrong because the majority won’t even entertain the idea that Satan has accomplished this by the death of millions over several centuries and the majority don’t want to know this truth because it means changes they don’t want to ever consider and hence the majority continue to stay wrong and it is now 500 plus denominations of Sabbath keeping Churches that remain obedient to God in love. Until the majority stop making excuses and start saying let’s investigate this, the majority will remain wrong. Do you love Jesus enough to do this? He loved you enough to die for you and does not want you to perish.
The consequences for deliberately breaking the Sabbath
How can we be deserving of eternal life with God and our Saviour if we do not love Him enough to spend intimate time with Him on just one day a week that He hallowed and specifically set apart for us? Why are there so many excuses if our love for God is truly genuine? It is very sad that the majority are not prepared to make this non-sacrifice that should be our hearts desire. This is how Jesus will grievously respond.
Matthew 7:21-23 “Not everyone who says to Me, 'Lord, Lord,' shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, 'Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?' And then I will declare to them, 'I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!'”
James tells us that the breaking of even one Commandment is to break the whole law. These words are not hard to understand and it could be eternally fatal to ignore them.
James 2:10-12 “For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all. For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if you commit no adultery, yet if you kill, you are become a transgressor of the law. So speak you, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.”
Jesus tells us that only a few will find the narrow gate and any wonder when so many do not love Him enough to seek or acknowledge the Sabbath truth and spend this blessed quality time with our Saviour with this precious love Commandment that is also a sign it is God we love, worship and belong to.
Matthew 7:13-14 “Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. Because narrow is the gate and difficult is the way which leads to life, and there are few who find it.”
When we repent of our unintentional sin, through faith in Christ and God's grace, that sin is forgiven but God's grace does not and cannot cover wilful and deliberate sin whether it be eating a piece of fruit from a tree we were told not to, lying, adultery or not loving God enough to spend time with Him on His Sabbath. It is one of the Ten Commandments whether we want to admit it or not and no amount of denial and following the majority can change this fact. Following the majority like a sheep is not safe and will not save us from the consequences of denial of truth and lawlessness.
Hebrews 10:26-29 “For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, ... He that despised Moses' law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: Of how much sorer punishment, suppose you, shall he be thought worthy, who has trodden under foot the Son of God, and has counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and has done despite unto the Spirit of grace?”
How much sorer punishment suppose you, is something that no one would want. This is a scripture that needs to be taken extremely seriously as no one should want this punishment or desire to tread the Son of God under foot and count the blood of the new Covenant as an unholy thing. I pray that this will never be anyone's desire. It is our heavenly Fathers desire that not one should perish.
The consequences are easy to avoid. There is no fine print! All that is required of us is to do what should come naturally now that we a new creations in Christ, i.e. to love God with all our heart, might and soul and love our neighbour as ourselves. If we do this then we are keeping all Ten Commandments, including the Sabbath, which is a special love Commandment about who it is we do worship and belong to. This was the easiest of the Commandments for Satan to attack and sadly, he has been very successful. There is a lot more to this Commandment than people realize. To find out just how important it is to God, 666 and the Mark of the Beast is essential reading. To discover the origins of the number 666, then read the what is the mark of the beast.
History about the Real Sabbath Truth matches the Bible
It has been firmly established by many historians and theologians holding PhD’s in their field that Matthew and Luke were written between 60 and 80 AD and there was never a better time for Luke to tell us of a day change but instead he states in Luke 23:56, “...And they rested on the Sabbath according to the Commandment.” Jesus also showed that the Sabbath would still be kept after the cross and speaks of no day change when He is talking to the Apostles about the destruction of the temple in about 70 AD. Jesus says in Matthew 24:20, “And pray that your flight may not be in winter or on the Sabbath.” World leading historians also confirm this and that the Sabbath was kept by Jews and Gentiles till about 90-120 AD where the persecution of the Jews for Sabbath keeping became so great that many Christians decided to start keeping Sunday using the only reason they could come up with, which was that it was in honour of the resurrection. They did this in order to escape persecution and death. History proves the Sabbath got changed to Sunday when it was made law around 321 AD by Constantine after he became a Roman Catholic. As a result it was well after 460 AD when Sunday eventually took on the name the Lord’s Day.
There is an excellent, unbiased 5 DVD documentary available on the true history of God's Sabbath that proves how the Sabbath was changed to Sunday and the information has been supplied by more than fifty Sabbath historical experts from all walks of life. See “the Seventh Day” for more information and to view some clips from this series.
Watch excellent Prophecy Seminars online
For those who would like to watch an online Prophecy Seminar that reveals who the little horn of Daniel 7 and the Beast of Revelation 13 is that changed the Sabbath to Sunday, you will find Revelation Reveals the Antichrist very enlightening. You may want to start about 17.5 minutes in to bypass singing items etc. You can also watch Histories Greatest Hoax on the truth about the Sabbath and ideally should be watched first. To watch more from this and other Prophecy Seminars you will find the menus here. Be prepared to discover many mind blowing, lost Bible truths.